Fortunately, pet feeding systems begin to become an irreversible trend. In that sense, caring for and ensuring the welfare of these is increasingly simple thanks to products such as the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder or timed cat feeders.
This feeder, whose operation depends solely on RFID technology to fulfill its purpose, is the ideal tool for cats – independently of their breed – to have their meals up to date under the careful supervision of the owners.
Designed to meet any type of requirement, the strong point of this article lies, above all, in the unit. Highly sensitive, with a lid that stays tightly closed to protect all the food inside the appliance, the microchip carried by the cat is also striking.
How does this unit work with the microchip? Simple, this acts almost like a sensor that opens each time the pet approaches a considerable distance. The appliance includes two removable polypropylene bowls and a silicone mat that can hold up to 5 cups of smaller food.
For those who need to control their pet’s meals, be unconcerned about schedules and leave their animals alone at home without the anguish of starvation during their absence, the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder is a more than a useful tool, It fulfills its purpose stoically and receives, consequently, positive reviews among web users.
So, to come up with a general idea of how the cat feeder works, here are the most important fundamentals.
What is SureFeed Microchip Feeder and why we use it?
To open the package, users will not need more than a cutter or scissors to tear the plastic and heat. Once opened, the SureFeed main unit immediately becomes the most important element. This gives life to the feeder.
In addition to the appliance, the SureFeed cat feeder includes a one-piece serving dish, in gray, special for dry foods; and another bowl -also gray in color-, especially for those dry and moist foods.
The Sureflap unit, the RFID tag is another element of the collar. In fact, there is installed the microchip with which later the cat meals can be programmed. Finally, the package gathers a mat or mat of silicone -grips-, to avoid rills inside the home.
Features of SureFeed Microchip Feeder
When talking about the microchip, customers are immediately interested in this product. In this way, the main feature of this automatic feeder is its operation, conditioned to RFID collar tags, or other microchip implants of up to 32 IDs in the unit’s memory.
The great advantage of this device is that it is not limited to a brand or chip model. In fact, as far as catalogs are concerned, the company strongly insists that the compatibility of some microchip models be included within its characteristics. The users, by themselves, ratify the effectiveness of the feeder.
2) Feeding System
The objective of investing money in pet products focuses, above all, on the safety and welfare of the animal. For this reason, the SureFeed feeding trough offers an intelligent feeding system that protects any type of food that the central unit houses.
With the presence of an automatic feeder at home, the owners can also carry out a feeding plan for those cats that need to consume a different diet, at specific times and in specific portions, rebounding from the fact that the food will retain its freshness thanks to the rubber surface.
Ultimately, few cats are large enough to disengage in the size of the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder. However, for the tranquility of their owners, these are the measures:
The front opening is 8.26 inches wide and 6.10 inches high. For its part, the silicone mat extends 8 inches wide and 4.37 inches high; while the bowl is 4.13 inches wide, by 6.29 inches high and 1.20 inches in diameter.
Once the integral qualities of the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder have been covered, it is important to mention the characteristics of its smaller elements and, in addition, the technical aspects that are apparently irrelevant.
By the way of the bowl, it is worth mentioning that it is removable. It can be used indoors or outdoors with the same efficiency, since the central material that builds it is polypropylene. The central unit of the equipment works with 4-C alkaline batteries and, in the same way, that they are installed, notifies the owners when the power is running out.
This feeder weighs about 1 kilogram, includes a return guarantee for a period of 30 days and another unit that extends for 3 years.
How SureFeed Works? And How to setup it for cat feed?
The central unit of this feeder includes a hood, and this is of immense utility to identify the animal. When it approaches the device and positions its head under the hood, the sensor of the unit verifies that the chip matches the pet, opening the lid automatically. If it is not the correct animal, the lid stays closed hermetically.
The SureFeed system, however, guarantees the safety of the bowl, including “Intruder Mode” in its functions. Through it, the unit remains closed for all that animal that registers in a certain perimeter. In this way, the food remains sheltered for the right cat.
With regard to the cat, it has to be said that at the moment they complete their meals, the lid of the unit closes once more without the need for external manipulation. In this way, the freshness of the food is preserved for the next ration, or for the next cat-in case two or more lives together.
Since the feeder is entirely automatic and manufactured with a special design, no cat and animal, in general, can put the legs inside the unit, In the same way, the device is safe for domestic use, with or without children, because the lid, being of high quality, prevents the curious from reaching in.
Another advantage of having a lid of such caliber is that the food is safeguarded and protected, above all, from small, moderate or large waste.
Unlike other systems that adhere to RFID technology, the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder food dispenser fully ensures that the cat’s head is in the proper position – under the lid or bonnet – before serving the portion. With this function, the owners make sure that the device will not close suddenly, and may even injure it.
However, as for some the safety of their cats should never be underestimated, the team includes a three-level time delay programmer. Through it, people can decide the number of seconds after which the bonnet of the feeder closes.
Time delay Adjustment
Naturally, in the first level it takes a second, and in the next, two and three seconds, respectively. The standard, in this way, recommends using it for two seconds.
- This feeder is, first of all, easy to use. It includes an instruction manual that explains with simplicity how to use, disassemble and program the rations of the animals.
- On the other hand, the central unit is made of solid materials, high quality, which works and complements with a very extensive variety of chips. Thus, the owners will not have to be anguished by the lack of compatibility between the central box and its cats.
- In case the animal does not have a microchip installed, the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder offers the possibility of operating under the supervision of the RFID collar.
- For cat fanatics or, as a result, pet stores that monitor several at once, the feeder works perfectly since it allows registering up to 32 IDs at a time. In other words, 32 cats simultaneously.
- In its domestic use, the programming of the meals and the security as to how it is opened, allows the owners to control the diet and general intake of their pets.
- Another function that draws customers is the rubber seal that is installed around the bowl, protecting food and ensuring, in turn, the freshness and preservation of external substances and agents, such as dirt and flies.
- The SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder is highly sensitive, therefore, there is no need to worry about whether it suddenly stops working or prevents the compartments from opening when the animal is felt. Thanks to its technology, the device notifies when its 4-C alkaline batteries are losing power.
- In another sense, in addition to the above-mentioned benefits, the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder works for its customers because it protects the food of other pets -such as dogs-, allows to buy additional bowls and mats, as well as schedules the feeding time of the cat. That is, once certain minutes have passed, the unit closes completely.
- Once the unit uncovers the compartment, it means that any pet around the feeder can feed. The sensor, in that sense, does not detect external presences and may result in a problem in the sense that the portions may wane for the animal.
- The SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder keeps food fresh thanks to an ice pack. The unit, however, does not supply this by itself, it must be purchased separately.
- Another feature that generates concern in its customers is that the feeder does not have an AC adapter that supports the power. This means that when switched off, the device stops working completely.
Although more expensive than other automatic cat feeders, the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder stands out for its quality and capacity. Even so, this does not exempt it from some damages, which were explained above.
As final advice, it is recommended not to use SureFeed near electrical appliances, read the manual well to understand the basic and not so basic fundamentals and how to adapt it for all types of cats.
It is also important to register the cat when there are no others around because the sensor is incredibly sensitive and an identity error could occur, interfering with the system.
The SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder is for owners who want to protect the proportion of food consumed by their cat, keeps one or more animals in their home and cannot be sure to feed them all the time and supervises the daily intake of their animals.